[Evolution] IMAP mail location pointing to the evolution folder

Hi,

I wanted to access my emails in Evolution.  My 'Receiving Email' setting
is '...folders manage by Evolution'. As I know this means that my emails
are stored in Maildir format. Now I wanted to access these emails
through IMAP, in particular using dovecot.

Would there be a problem if I just point my
'mail_location=~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local'? I don't plan to
send or delete emails through IMAP. I just need to read them.

Thanks.