Re: [Evolution] A couldn't recover my old folders after a backup/restore operation

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 16:00 -0700, Julio Sergio Santana wrote:
Yes, the folders were apparently unpacked in the new locations. I mean,
MYFOLDER, MYFOLDER.cmeta, MYFOLDER.ev-summary, MYFOLDER.ev-summary-meta,
MYFOLDER.ibex.index, and MYFOLDER.ibex.index.data, are in
$HOME/.local/share/evolution/mail/local, which, I undertand, is the new
standard location. The thing is why can I not see them with the new version
of Evolution?

Because the newer versions of Evolution use Maildir format mail folders
whereas the older ones use mbox - hence the single file mbox folders are
not expected in .local/share/evolution

Since, as I understand, there is no way to see them using Evolution, is
there another way to see them, and the messages inside?

Yes.  Unpack the backup file manually somewhere, find out where the mail
folders are in that directory hierarchy.  Within Evo create an account
of type 'Standard Unix mbox spool directory' and point the path to where
your mbox files are.  A new account will appear in the left hand pane
and all your old mail folders will be under that account.  Copy and
paste the mail to wherever you want it and then delete the account when
you are finished.

All this has been discussed previously within the past few months on
this mailing list.

P.