Re: [Evolution] communication with servers has stopped.

I have seen this same symptom many a time.
After many days of running and successful connections to the servers,
all of a sudden Evolution cannot make a connection.
It's only conclusion is that the password that it has, that I NEVER
changed is suddenly wrong.  And that I MUST reenter them immediately.
A quick cancel on the current op and x out of evolution.  Come back a
half hour later and the passwords are miraculously correct.

This is a red flag.  My interpretation is that the connections went bad
because the servers are down.  Not because the passwords are bad.