Re: [Evolution] Slow closing Evolution...?

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 09:21 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 08:33 +0100, Steve T wrote:
> Evolution 3.2.3, Gnome 3, FC 16
>
> It's no major issue, but Evolution tends to take an age to close down.
> I have a few 'virtual' folders. Although I have cut down the virtual
> folder list dramatically as it affected  the start up time, I still
> have about 25 'virtual' folders that I use to split my personal,
> business and family mail. The Evolution shut down time can run into
> 10-15 minutes.
>
> I have about 46,000 inbox mails and 8000 sent mails that are being
> processed into the virtual folders.
>
> Anyone have any idea as to why it's taking so long?

Is your mail retrieved using IMAP, POP or Exchange/EWS, or is it all
locally retrieved?   How much mail do you have?  Have you tried running
it from the command line with some of the debugging switches turned on
to see what it's doing in that time?

(See http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml as referenced from
Help -> Contents)
Pete,
The mail is all POP. 11 active POP mail collection accounts.
46,000 items in the inbox and 8,000 sent, 25 virtual folders.

No I haven't run it from the command line as yet, as I thought I'd check to see if it was a common problem here first.

If no one else is experiencing a similar issue, I'll try the debug route and see what's happening.

Thanks for your help

P.