Re: [Evolution] Tranfer of accounts

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 10:38 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
I am trying to transfer an account from an old computer to a new one.
I made the back-up of the complete directory of the user.

That should work.... if you *RESTORE THE COMPLETE DIRECTORY* to an empty
account.

Then I copied the following files in the new folder..
$HOME/.local/share/evolution

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No

<aside>
Is the true reason the Open Source desktop is doomed because it has an
entrenched user base completely addicted to doing things the hardest and
most tedious way possible?
</aside>

<rant>
Does a week pass without someone asking this question and attempting the
same inane / insane quest?
</rant>

Step #1 - Old machine:
  File -> Back up Evolution Data

Step #2 - Move File from old to new machine

Step# 3 - New machine
  File - > Restore Evolution Data

<rant>
I should open an issue on Bugzilla that the existence of these two
options should be displayed in the largest possible font and pulsing in
bright orange.  Perhaps with a sound effect of nails being scraped
across chalk boards.  A pop-up should appear reminding the user of these
options every several minutes.
</rant>