Re: [Evolution] Evolution DBUS Documentation

On 3/28/2012 9:08 PM, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 13:03 -0600, Jonathan Briggs wrote:
I've seen a few times the claim that we ordinary users don't need to be
able to read or modify Evolution's files or configuration. We can do it
all via DBUS!
[citation needed]

Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org>:
IMNSHO accessing data through any method other than the appropriate API
is bad.  And since those APIs are available via D-Bus you can do so from
just about any language or toolkit.
And again back in January, also by Adam. Huh. I guess it is just Adam. Seemed like more people. :-)
People: stop trashing your home directories.  Leave the dot files alone,
they are meant to be managed by applications - not users.

This should point you in the right direction:
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.4/data-storage.html.en

Thank you for the link. But I actually *was* looking for the DBUS stuff because it would be useful stuff to know.

ÂI suppose I can dig it out of the source code if no one has written any docs.
--

Jonathan Briggs

zvelo, Inc. - 5575 DTC Parkway, Suite 240 - Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Office: (720) 897.8113 ext. 107 - Toll Free 1 (877) 77.ZVELO - Fax: (720) 897.6544

jbriggs zvelo com - zvelo.com

Follow Us: TwitterLinkedIn

Like Us:Âfacebook

Subscribe to:ÂzveloBLOGÂ(RSS)