Re: [Evolution] Evolution and sync with carddav server

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 17:13 +0200, DennisMail gmx net wrote:
I just tried to sync my Evolution 3.2.2 (under Ubuntu 11.10) with the
addressbook of a Mac OS X Server. I can access the addressbook on the
server, view all contacts, but I cannot change contacts. The log on
the Mac server says:

Invalid vcard data: All vCards must have UIDs

I suppose you connect to your CardDAV server with WebDAV addressbook, do
you? The problem is...

Nah, never mind, I had ready a very nice paragraph for more detailed
testing, but then I checked code more carefully and the WebDAV backend
is just doing things what you said it does, see this:

I agree with the poster, evolution should have this fixed, instead of
the server. Maybe we can deal with this as part of this bug report: