Re: [Evolution] Email fonts and formatting and displays Oh, My!

On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 11:59 -0500, Dan Saint-Andre wrote:
With the above posting as a backdrop, can someone tell me where to
find a discussion
of the whole email file format, content display, "envelop" and related
family of issues?

The origins are described in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email .
Not sure what kind of "discussion" you refer to that likely has been
happening over the last ~40 years while email evolved, mostly via RFCs
(linked from the Wikipedia article)...

I routinely have troubles with email sent through various clients or
servers -- typically MAC or
Win-dose but there are others -- where I cannot see attachments or a
"conversation" of
messages [aka, {message} {reply}...{reply}...
{quoted}...{forward}...ad lib] is only
partially readable if at all.

You would have to elaborate on that, or even better provide complete
example emails with headers (and without confidential data included) in
order to reproduce.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed