Re: [Evolution] Connection reset by peer

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 09:11 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

> For the past couple of days or so, I have been getting  a 'Connection
> Reset By Peer' when trying to pick up mail from my yahoo POP mail
> account. Other POP accounts seem to be working fine.

"Connection Reset by Peer" means that the remote end (i.e. Yahoo) has
decided to close the connection in a brutal manner. It can be caused by
many things - network issues, connection timed out, server being
rebooted, server overloaded, server decided it doesn't like the colour
of your packets, etc. etc.

Since other POP processes are OK, I suspect it's Yahoo having problems,
nothing to do with your end of things.

P.

Apologies for the delay in replying. The problem has rectified itself today. So presumably Yahoo have fixed their
problem. I see that another poster (D Morrison) was getting a similar problem - so their issue may have cleared today as well.

I did try to contact Yahoo on a couple of occasions about the problem but never received a reply.