Re: [Evolution] reanimate backup files for evolution

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 22:26 +0000, evolution-list-request gnome org wrote:
Message: 5
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 22:44:41 +0100
From: tgralke gmx de
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: [Evolution] reanimate backup files for evolution

Hello together,

 the old data of evolution seemes to be stored in a
sqlite-db. I tried to open these to export data, but
sqlite told me that they are encrypted !

To tell: my old evolution is gone, together with the
crashed harddisk (not in trash can, but useless).

Perhaps I should try an outdated Version to recover ?
Is it possible to install older versions in parallel
without using separate OS in VM ?

Is the encyption the main problem because never get
the same key again ?

With best regards,

Torsten Gralke.

I think that you could restore your backup files from old $HOME/myName into the new $HOME/myName.
Running Evolution would see the old files and act on them.  I don't know if you must have a virgin
$HOME without a new instance of Evolution files for that to happen.  Anyone know?

I have not tried this, but I put my backup files into $HOME/myName/oldHomeTree.  I could then
sift through and migrate files or folder trees ad lib without rolling a large bomb down the hall.

Keep us posted,
~~~ 0;-Dan