Re: [Evolution] Problems Receiving ATT Yahoo Pop Mail

-

When I hit Send/Receive I get  the following error message:
Error while Fetching Mail.
Unable  to connect to POP server pop.att.yahoo.com: No support for
 requested
authentication mechanism.

!!! "No support for  requested  authentication mechanism" !!!

What authentication method  do you have selected?

If you go into setup and use the  detect-authenticated featured what ones
are listed?

I *assume* they  only support PLAIN or LOGIN *IF* you are using an
encrypted [SSL/TLS]  connection.

I use SSL encryption and had selected LOGIN after clicking check for supported
types.

But I just hit check supported types again and LOGIN and all the other choices
except PASSWORD now have lines through them.

So I just changed to PASSWORD and tried Send/Receive and got a different error
message.  Now it is:

Error while Fetching Mail.

Failed to read a valid greeting from POP server pop.att.yahoo.com

Thanks for the help!

 --
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA  ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>