Re: [Evolution] Calendar: Birthday Settings

Hi,

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 10:40 +0100, nodlehs fantasymail de wrote:
I save the birthday of a friend within the addressbook. It is shown
within the calendar but the format is "birthday: name, prename" (or in
German: "Geburtstag: Name, Vorname" as here:
http://www.easylinux.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2006/05/076-linux-tipps/birth.png).

The result is that I only see the word birthday with and the first 3
letters of the name. What do I have to do that only "name, prename"
are shown?

If compiling evolution-data-server yourself (the string is
in /calendar/backends/contacts/e-cal-backend-contacts.c) is not an
option and in case that you have a technical background:
Maybe edit /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/evolution-data-server-3.2.mo
with a hexeditor by finding and replacing the string "Geburtstag: %s" by
"%s"?
WARNING: I have not tried if that works, and backups of files can really
save your day if things go totally wrong.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper