[Evolution] color adjustment (was Re: Repeat of question)

On 2012-06-29, Jeffrey Needle <jeff needle gmail com> wrote:

When I compose mail, or read most mails, the background to the
message body is gray while the text is black.  Earlier versions of
Evolution gave a bright white background, much easier for my old
eyes.

Is there a way to adjust this, so I get the white background back?

Sorry I don't have the answer, but consider the lighting in your
office.  High contrast colors (like black on white) are best when
ambient lighting in the room is poor.  And low contrast colors (like
what you accidentally have now) are best when ambient lighting in the
room is good.  So you might consider making sure your office is not
too bright or too dark, and make sure there is no glare.

I have the opposite problem.  I'm in a well lit office, so the default
black on white is too much contrast.  I wish there were a setting to
eliminate the white background.