Re: [Evolution] Mail not displayed but probably there somewhere

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 14:24 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
   The problem: I don't know what he did but Evolution no longer
displays any of his email. If I run Evolution remotely I can change
the 'Windows' to contacts I see his contacts are there, and if I send
him and email at his Verizon address I can see the email at Verizon
using my browser. (logged in as him) When I tell Evolution to
Send/Receive it acts like it's receiving email, and indeed the email
is no longer in the Verizon server, but I don't see the new email in
Evolution.

Check the search bar above the mailing list for a lingering search term,
and also that the combo box to the left of it says "All Messages".

Sometimes it's not obvious that you're looking at search results and/or
a filtered list of messages.  Try Search -> Clear for good measure.

This is a long-standing usability issue with Evolution which I hope to
correct one of these days.  Been trying to get around to it for years.

Matthew Barnes