Re: [Evolution] Merging Inbox/Outbox files

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 14:57 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I've got all of the old inbox emails restored now,

You should remove the account that you used to look at the old inbox
folder.

 but when I try to do
the same for the Outbox file I get two issues:

1) The message:

Error while Storing folder 'INBOX'.
Cannot create folder lock on /home/wfarmer/Desktop/Outbox: Permission
denied

Make sure you own the "Outbox" file and that you have write permission
for it.  Make sure of the same thing with the Desktop folder.  Do you
have the Outbox file open elsewhere?

I fixed the permissions but it's not importing the Outbox file at all.

2) No 'outbox' folder shows up

I'm pretty sure these two are related. Should I do something separate
for the outbox file?

The folder name in the left hand pane of Evolution for that account will
always be "Inbox", that name is nothing to do with the name of the file
- i.e. rename the file to 'abcdef' and it will still be called "Inbox"
on the folder listing.  Evolution's idea of an 'account' does not fit
very well with playing with a single mbox file.

P.