Re: [Evolution] Merging Inbox/Outbox files

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 09:09 -0400, William Farmer wrote:
I only have one instance of evolution and one dev box. The old
Inbox/Outbox files are backed up and I have no way of opening them up in
evolution right now. They won't import. Yet, they weren't changed during
the upgrade to 12.04 (I checked modification dates).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP REFERENCING *UBUNTU* RELEASE NUMBERS. THESE
MEAN NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER.  State the version of *Evolution*.  I have NO
CLUE what version of Evolution ships with whatever 12.04 is, or what
shipped in whatever their previous release.

awilliam linux-nysu:~> rpm -q evolution
evolution-3.2.3-2.5.1.x86_64

[Ubuntu's package management tools has some equivalent to the "rpm"
command but they change it every other week (apt, dpkg, whatever...).
Or Evolution's Help -> About will tell you.]

If the version jump was large it moves the data to another location [XDG
compliant now] so the old folders will not be updated / modified.  The
timestamps won't change.

I can't drag and drop messages if I can't open evolution with the old
Inbox/Outbox files.

If you add a new MBOX type account pointing to the old folders you may
be able to access and move the messages to your new local Inbox.

Evolution does work now, but I only have the emails that were sent to me
after the upgrade.