Re: [Evolution] My progress

1.  In some cases, with the old evolution under Fedora 14, I had
subfolders, which don't seem to be there after the import.  It is
possible all the message files are still there; I can't tell.
How was any subfolder structure maintained before and is there some way
for me to figure it out from local.sv and reconstruct it in the new
setup?

In mbox format subfolders are mapped onto directories in the Unix file
system - so there will be a directory (called the same as the subfolder)
in your original .local/share/evolution/mail/local directory that
contains more mbox files.

2.  While running the new evolution with the old mail/local directory, I
saved a few messages in Input.  Where can I find them in local.sv to
import them again the the new setup?

You mean Inbox?  If you were running a version of Evolution later than
3.0 then they will be stored in Maildir format in the mail/local
directory used by that copy of Evolution.  If you have that directory
(and sub directories) backed up / copied somewhere, then create a new
account of type Maildir in Evo and point it at the copy, the contents of
that account will contain what you want.

P.