[Evolution] My progress

I followed the suggestions made to me.

I mv'd .local/share/evolution/mail/local to another name local.sv

I restarted evolution and then proceded to import each of the old local
folders I found in local.sv into a new local folder of the same name.
Thus, in local.sv I might have
$ ls -l Condo*
-rw-------. 1 len len 7728180 Jun  4 10:01 Condo
-rw-rw-r--. 1 len len      13 Jun  7 12:57 Condo.cmeta
-rw-------. 1 len len   20267 Oct  3  2009 Condo.ev-summary
-rw-------. 1 len len    3186 Oct  3  2009 Condo.ev-summary-meta
and I imported Condo.
This accomplished 90 percent of what i wanted, but there are some
remaining issues.
1.  In some cases, with the old evolution under Fedora 14, I had
subfolders, which don't seem to be there after the import.  It is
possible all the message files are still there; I can't tell.
How was any subfolder structure maintained before and is there some way
for me to figure it out from local.sv and reconstruct it in the new
setup?
2.  While running the new evolution with the old mail/local directory, I
saved a few messages in Input.  Where can I find them in local.sv to
import them again the the new setup?
--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University