Re: [Evolution] Evo mail: explanation of old and new file system

On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 14:35 -0400, carpetnailz researchintegration org
wrote:
I'm still not clear about the relation between the old file system and
storage location and the new. And there doesn't seem to be any
explanation of it in the user documentation for Evolution mail.

There isn't in the user docs because it's nothing that a user should
need to care about. It should be all automatically. Unfortunately there
are sometimes bugs or users who try weird stuff. :P

For example, tho I thought I had successfully imported all the old mail,

From which version to which version? By using "File > Restore Evolution
Data..." or how?

Where can I find an explanation in lay terms of what the changes were
and how one deals with them? It seems that suddenly Evolution started
doing things differently and users were left to figure things out on
their own.

The upgrade from 2.32 to 3.2 worked pretty well for me (about seven
months ago), except for three or four smaller bugs.

Maybe this is explained somewhere and I just haven't found it? Again, it
would be good if this were in the user documentation

It would be better if bugs get fixed instead, especially as changes to
the user docs would target version 3.6. I don't care about updating 3.2
or 3.0 documentation anymore (they would not even be deployed on the
server as nobody plans to do new releases for such old versions).

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper