Re: [Evolution] Cannot see folders, evolution-mapi

On Thu, 2012-01-05 at 00:16 +0100, Patrik Magnusson wrote:
Try to search
the debug output for GetHierarchyTable call, which is for the directory
listing. It's followed by SetColumns call and then couple of
QueryPosition and QueryRows calls. Is any of them failing?
The only one of these I find in the log is QueryRows (as part of
NspiQueryRows), the other ones are missing completely. In the reply to
this there are some rows that look slightly suspect but the result field
is MAPI_E_SUCCESS.

 lpProps: struct SPropValue
   ulPropTag                : PidTagAttachNumber_Error (0xE21000A)

        Hi,
it's like it tries to transfer a message attachment from a server.

Also, check ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<uid-of-your-mapi-account>/.summary
file, which contains list of known folders. If that's mostly empty, then
it didn't find any folder. Note the file is a binary file, not a text
file.
The folder .cache/evolution/mail is empty.

Might not be, something is surely wrong.

(I also found that compiling openchange with
libmapi+ causes the compilation of evolution-data-server to fail
with
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `e-gdbus-marshallers.c', needed by
`all'.  Stop.
I didn't run into that earlier because then I didn't have boost
installed.)

When I think about the steps I do to compile everything, I think the
largest room for error is during configure of the evolution-packages.
Could you possibly tell me a safe/conservative combination of options to
use in those steps?

I agree, there seem to be something wrong with compilation, probably.
Maybe you can try with jhbuild, instead of the Makefile, I do not know,
I'm not using any of them. And I thought you just call make, and other
parameters are filled for you. Anyway, I'm afraid that this is quite out
of scope for this list, thus what about meet on IRC? You can catch me on
GIMPNet (irc.gimp.org), in #evolution channel.

As a starter, you should compile at least evolution-data-server,
evolution and evolution-mapi. You are on 3.3.x already, thus the best if
you can use the current sources. You can get them with:
   $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/evolution-data-server
   $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/evolution
   $ git clone git://git.gnome.org/evolution-mapi
With respect of samba built by "make samba" in openchange, I also
create /etc/ld.so.conf.d/samba4.conf which contains these lines (without
spaces):
   /usr/local/samba/lib
   /usr/local/samba/lib64
   /usr/local/samba/lib/samba
When you've the file created, run ldconfig as root to let system know
about the changes.

Whenever I finish build of samba4 and also openchange, I run this
command too:
   for i in /usr/local/samba/lib/*.so ; do \
        cp -s $i $i.0 2>/dev/null;  done

Then you may compile evolution-data-server, evolution and evolution-mapi
(in this order). And you should let the DBus know about your
new .service files, though if you are compiling with /usr/local then
they should be in a known folder already, in
   /usr/local/share/dbus-1/services/
then you should have set various environment variables to your new
build, they are:
   GSETTINGS_SCHEMA_DIR=/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/samba/lib
   PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:\
      /usr/local/samba/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig

and I've also changed my PATH variable to:
   PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/samba/bin:$PATH

Note these variables should be set before you start ./autogen.sh
and/or ./configure on each of projects you'll build.

What options to use for configure depends on what support you would like
to have. I'm using:
  openchange:
     --with-samba=/usr/local/samba --prefix=/usr/local/samba
  evolution-data-server:
     --prefix=/usr/local --with-openldap=/usr/local --with-krb5=/usr
     --enable-introspection=no --enable-file-locking=fcntl
     --enable-dot-locking=no --enable-nntp=yes --enable-nss=yes
     --enable-smime=yes --enable-imap4=no --with-weather
     --disable-gnome-keyring --disable-goa --enable-goa
  evolution:
     --prefix=/usr/local --with-openldap=/usr/local --with-krb5=/usr
     --enable-introspection=no --disable-scrollkeeper
     --with-kde-applnk-path=no --enable-nss=yes --enable-smime=yes
     --enable-plugins=experimental --disable-nm --disable-contact-maps
     --with-clutter=no --disable-contacts-map --without-help
     --enable-goa --disable-image-inline
  evolution-mapi:
     --prefix=/usr/local --with-openldap=/usr/local --with-krb5=/usr
     --enable-introspection=no

With these flags you'll be notified during ./configure what -devel
packages are missing, thus just install them. It doesn't claim about
package name, but you may find out which are needed.

Note I'm not using /usr/local as my prefix, you can safely replace it on
most places, except of the dbus-1/services directory, which is a known
folder for DBus itself where to look for available services (without
that change you calendar and addressbook will not work).

        Bye,
        Milan