Re: [Evolution] Where are emails stored?

Quoting Ray Parkin <rayparkin macace net>:
At present, I am using Linux Mint 10 with Evolution as my email client.

Really?  Why not say what version of **Evolution** you are using.

I will be transferring to Debian 6 but, before I do, I need to locate my
emails so that I can save them then install them on the new system.
However, I cannot find the folder on the hard drive where they are
stored.

Depends on the version of Evolution and how you have the account configured. Provide that information.

I have tried the suggestions on the faqs page, but those locations do
not seem to exist, even though I have over 300 emails stored somewhere.

Which FAQ? Odds are the page you are looking at doesn't correspond to your version of Evolution [which you didn't provide].

The Evolution pre/post 3.x moved the data store around quite a bit. The latest versions follow the XDG standard for locating data in ".local/share/evolution".

Why not just use the backup & restore feature built into Evolution? Not that this can only go forward versions, not backwards.