Re: [Evolution] SMTP Question

On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 14:11 +0000, Steve T wrote:
On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 13:42 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I don't know about Yahoo - I can only suggest you try it and see.
OK - suck it and see - that's where I think I had got to, when I had the problem with the SMTP setting on my test account. I'll get back to that and try again.
Pete,
Just FYI and  for the interest of the list.

I have tried various settings in the 'Edit -> Preferences' settings and although they appear to 'stick' within the config itself (ie make the edit-make changes-apply-exit - changes show correctly on next edit), they don't appear to be picked up by Evo immediately.
In this instance, I have two SMTP accounts (domains) with the same provider - so the server is the same, just the login changes. One of the accounts has the 'purchased' authenticated SMTP and the other not. If I change the accounts so they both use the 'authorised smtp' user, I need to shut down Evo completely and reboot before the change takes effect - obviously ditto for changing it back. Bit of a pain - but it explains what I thought I saw earlier.

I'm all but certain that I've changed config settings in the past (earlier versions of Evo) and they took effect immediately, so maybe there's either a bug or a change in this (3.2.3) version of Evo.

Anyway, my EMail provider does as you said they might, and checks the 'from' address being of the correct domain - and rejects the send anyway - sods law.

I'm just checking with my ISP to see if their mail service allows me to 'relay' across domains.

Thanks for your assistance and input.