[Evolution] Cannot create a folder using imap

Whenever I attempt to create a folder (say xxx) using an imap connection
to server imap.mail.yahoo.com, which handles email for my account at
pacbell.net (now part of ATT), the attempt fails with the message:
        The folder name "xxx" is invalid because it contains the character "
What's going on?  How can I create a folder?

I am a complete newbie to imap, though not to evolution.

System is Fedora-17 with all updates in.  Evolution is 3.4.4

Thanks - jon