Re: [Evolution] exhange offline message storage: questions and troubleshooting

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 10:34 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:

Even if I try one or both of these options, I can't seem to download
all of my stored messages from the server.  The download begins and
then stops after which I have to manually start it again.  Also
periodically I get a warning notice that messages can't be moved from
the cache.

What is the exact warning, please? Is there anything on console? You can
see what evolution-ews does and your server responses, if you run
evolution like this:
   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution

I was going to suggest that this might be a filename issue, and that we
might need to stop using the actual ItemID as the filename, and instead
use a sha1 of it or something like that. Sometimes they are too long for
certain file systems.

Then I realised that I *did* that already, in October 2011. So I revert
to having no idea...

But I did have another user reporting a similar issue with the
g_rename() in camel_ews_folder_get_message() recently. There's no proper
error reporting there (mea culpa, I think) so it wasn't clear exactly
what the problem was.

Perhaps it's *still* too long (pathname rather than individual filename,
perhaps), and we should use sha1 instead of sha256?

--
dwmw2