From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:evolution-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Milan Crha
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:57 AM
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Public Folder Hierarchy

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 16:29 -0700, Mike Cavanagh wrote:
Using CentOS 6.3 w/ Evolution 2.28.3 w/ Exchange 2003 and
Evolution-Mapi plugin (Evolution-Exchange plug-in is installed.)

        Hi,
are you using evolution-mapi or evolution-exchange to connect to your server?

When selecting public folders, they appear flat in the hierarchy.

I can speak for evolution-mapi, where 3.4.x shows public folders in hierarchy, if its parent folder is also
subscribed/known to it. It seems to be that way based on the brief code reading.

If not, is there any tweaking I can do in this version or a later
version to get the hierarchy?

I'm afraid there is no workaround unless changing the actual code and building your own version.

Also, if I subscribe to the top level, can I have it âautoâ subscribe
to all sub-levels?  This way as new projects are added, I do not need
to visit the subscribe function again.

You can do that only within the Subscription dialog, but anything like "Subscribe this with all its
subfolders" doesn't work, because it might mean to fetch whole public folder hierarchy each start of
evolution, which is/can-be resource consuming, especially with large public folder hierarchies. I think that
is the reason for its unavailability.
        Bye,
        Milan