Re: [Evolution] Public Folder Hierarchy

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 16:29 -0700, Mike Cavanagh wrote:
Using CentOS 6.3 w/ Evolution 2.28.3 w/ Exchange 2003 and
Evolution-Mapi plugin (Evolution-Exchange plug-in is installed.)

        Hi,
are you using evolution-mapi or evolution-exchange to connect to your
server?

When selecting public folders, they appear flat in the hierarchy.

I can speak for evolution-mapi, where 3.4.x shows public folders in
hierarchy, if its parent folder is also subscribed/known to it. It seems
to be that way based on the brief code reading.

If not, is there any tweaking I can do in this version or a later
version to get the hierarchy?

I'm afraid there is no workaround unless changing the actual code and
building your own version.

Also, if I subscribe to the top level, can I have it âautoâ subscribe
to all sub-levels?  This way as new projects are added, I do not need
to visit the subscribe function again.

You can do that only within the Subscription dialog, but anything like
"Subscribe this with all its subfolders" doesn't work, because it might
mean to fetch whole public folder hierarchy each start of evolution,
which is/can-be resource consuming, especially with large public folder
hierarchies. I think that is the reason for its unavailability.
        Bye,
        Milan