[Evolution] [Fwd: Re: A breakdown in my evolution under F17]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam sbcglobal net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] A breakdown in my evolution under F17
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:25:17 -0500

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 11:48 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 10:39 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On one I use evolution regularly
on the other I use evolution hardly at all. But suddenly both evolution
programs broke down in the same way. On one machine when I did a send
and receive I was presented with the downloading of 255 messages.
Normally I have no more that 100 on that machine. After downloading i
had 206 messages in my Inbox. At the top were the real non-junk e-mails
followed by 100 or so junk e-mails which repeated themselves and
appeared in descending date order.

If you download again to they repeat again?  If you look at the
duplicates headers does the Message-ID actually repeat, or is it
different?
The message ID is different.

They are not only different but the e-mails come from a different address.
I conclude my e-mail address has gotten on a junk mail sending site. And I don't what to do about that.
I tried the restoring the evolutiion procedure below. I am still getting junk mail..

REINSTALLING WILL NOT HELP, DO NOT DO THAT.

You can delete the messages, see that the mailbox is empty.  Delete the
POP account.  And restart Evolution.   If it really is an Evolution
problem that will be enough.  Then re-add the POP account.