Re: [Evolution] A breakdown in my evolution under F17

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 11:48 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 10:39 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
On one I use evolution regularly
on the other I use evolution hardly at all. But suddenly both evolution
programs broke down in the same way. On one machine when I did a send
and receive I was presented with the downloading of 255 messages.
Normally I have no more that 100 on that machine. After downloading i
had 206 messages in my Inbox. At the top were the real non-junk e-mails
followed by 100 or so junk e-mails which repeated themselves and
appeared in descending date order.

If you download again to they repeat again?  If you look at the
duplicates headers does the Message-ID actually repeat, or is it
different?
The message ID is different.

So I went to the other machine with the evolution that I rarely use and
whose configuration I have not changed recently. Its behavior was the
same as on the first machine.
Both machine use evolution 3.4.5
Both machines use a POP server so I wondered if the POP server was
having problems. But went I went to my wife's machine using Outlook
there were no problems.

But how long between looking at Evo(s) and trying Outlook?

15 minutes I believe

Has any one have any idea what may be going on?
How could I re-install the evolution from scratch?.

REINSTALLING WILL NOT HELP, DO NOT DO THAT.

You can delete the messages, see that the mailbox is empty.  Delete the
POP account.  And restart Evolution.   If it really is an Evolution
problem that will be enough.  Then re-add the POP account.