Re: [Evolution] Cleaning up 8gb of archived email

On Sat, 2012-08-18 at 17:45 -0800, Portsample wrote:

At this point I am suspecting that my 8gb "general inbox" is the cause of this problem.
Any suggestions? TIA once again.

Although I didn't have a 8 GB inbox, I had a 800 MB Inbox a four years ago or so. Evolution became very unstable for me. It would fail to expunge deleted e-mail and other kinds of problems. Evolution took a lot of CPU and time to start, etc.

I solved my problem by renaming my old Inbox to a new name "1999-2008" and then starting a new Inbox.

Evolution has been much stable for me ever since.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Seward
Bluestone Consulting Group, LLC

web:     http://www.bluestone-consulting.com/
e-mail:  rseward bluestone-consulting com
office:    734.726.0313
mobile:  734.604.3780