Re: [Evolution] Connect/Disconnect - Is this a bug?

On 9 August 2012 15:47, Lailah <lailahfsf gmail com> wrote:

Example: Network Manager says I'm connected to internet. I open Firefox and is true, I have internet. I open Evolution and see a warning about disconnected Evolution. Viceversa, Network Manager says I'm disconnected from internet and is true, if I open Firefox I can't see any web. But I open Evolution, I write a mail and then it says something like "Network have a problem. Do you want? Option 1,2,3"
As I can see, Evolution remember the last connection state and keeps it despite of real connection state.Â
I thought that was a Network Manager issue, as other times, so I configure Evolution to connect directly to internet.
No changes.
Ideas?

What do you mean you configured Evolution to connect directly to the Internet? Evo doesn't have any control over connection configuration.

Also, make sure your NetworkManager is configured to manage the network interface(s) you're using (you may have more than one). It's not enough for the machine to be connected and the connection to work, NM has to *know* this. That's the essential point of the FAQ I referenced earlier.

poc