Re: [Evolution] POP3 and deleting emails from server when moved locally?

Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> writes:

Evolution 3.2 offers me "Message > Remove Duplicate Messages" after
"Edit > Select All". Not sure when this was added or if this requires
installing an additional package for 2.30 and on Debian.

Andre,

Thanks.  I can't find it in 2.30, but I'll look later to see if I can
find when it got added.  My searches so far haven't turned up an
extension for 2.30 to do that.

IMAP accounts have the option to "Automatically synchronize remote mail
locally". Also each folder in an IMAP account has the option to "Copy
folder content locally for offline operations".
I never understood the difference or combination/interaction between
these two options though.

_If_ my ISP adds IMAP or if I move ISPs, I'll check that out.  It
wouldn't help me if moving email locally just moved it remotely; I want
to have the option for that to kill it remotely.  Of course, by then I
may not have an ISP for that account that has such small quotas. :-)

Bill
--
Bill Harris
Facilitated Systems