Re: [Evolution] How do you want printed emails to look like?

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 19:14 +0200, Dan Vratil wrote:
But I'd like to hear from all of you what do you think about the proposed
look, what would you change or keep, or remove... I have printed the email in
various mail clients so that you can compare it and find some inspiration :)

Evolution - new look: http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/evo-webkit.pdf
Evolution - current look: http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/evo-master.pdf
KMail 2 (KDE 4.7.2): http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/kmail.pdf
Thunderbird 7.0.1: http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/thunderbird.pdf
GMail: http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/gmail.pdf
MS Outlook 2007: http://pub.progdan.cz/evo/outlook.pdf

I'd still like the bold header names to be right-aligned despite the
examples.  Right-aligned field names next to left-aligned fields are
easier to read.  The other apps get that wrong.

Also the new look is missing page numbers in the footer, which are
essential for printouts.  Maybe you haven't gotten to that yet?

Otherwise I think it looks much improved.  Keep up the good work!

Matthew Barnes

p.s. You might have been better off posting this to the hackers list
     first, or talking to the design team.  You've just invited upon
     yourself a bikeshed discussion since everyone and their dog will
     have an opinion to offer.