Re: [Evolution] displayed font color in dark theme

Reid Thompson <Reid Thompson ateb com> writes:

I think you'll have to use gnome-appearance-properties and select
adwaita, which you've already done, then select customise, then change
the appropriate font/background colors.  once you get it like you want
it, save it as adwaita_mine or whatever you want

gnome-appearance-properties was used in older gnome releases prior to
version 3 I assume.  I did not (consciously) set the theme via
gnome-appearance-properties.  I did only what I posted before.

the only other workaround I know of is to create a filter that matches
every incoming message and set the color in the filter.

This is way too cumbersome for my taste.  I can't believe that a key
gnome app like evolution does not have a simple interface customizer.
Or at least would pick up dark theme settings other gnome apps had no
trouble dealing with.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.