Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 75, Issue 10

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 7:00 AM,  <evolution-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 11.10.2011, 18:55 -0500 schrieb Arthur Machlas:
hi, using evolution 3.2 on fedora 16 beta. on f15 with evolution 3.0 i
had a virtual folder called combined inbox that had an either or
matching message location to one of my two personal imap accounts. so
it was something like:
rule name: combined inbox
match if any of the conditions below is true
message location = personal imap inbox 1
message location = personal imap inbox 2

unfortunately, this no longer works in evo 3.2. I saw on the mailing
list that removing and re-adding source folders sometimes works, and
i've played with that a fair bit now. first adding my two imap inboxes
and source folders, then choosing all remote and local, then all
local, etc. etc.

also, changing the thread options has no effect either.

i can create a test folder that matches if an email was sent to me and
that works fine. advice and tips appreciated.
<<SNIP>><<

It sounds like I have a few options:

1) Create a label called inbox, and tag incoming mail with that tag.
problem: if I forward it then delete the original it will still show
up. or if I delete it from my android phone it will still show up with
a tag of inbox, even though it's in the delete folder, because all
downloaded mail gets tagged with ibox.

2) create a filter that copies all email locally to an inbox. problem:
changes made to that folder won't make their way back to the server
and to my phone.

3) deal with two inboxes.

4) ??

5) Profit.

Cheers,
AM

Message: 4
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:16:19 +0200
From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>

   ÂHi,
I can reproduce it too. It would be good to have it filled as a bug
report in Gnome's bugzilla. As a workaround, I suggest to use this:
 Match All as a condition
and then populate
 [o] Specify folders
with each Inbox folder you are interested in. It works for me, though
when editing the previous search folder evolution got a bit crazy about
it, thus it forced me to do an evolution restart. After it the folder
seems correct.
   ÂHope that helps,
   ÂMilan

Hi Milan, great workaround! Thanks very much. I'll create a bug report
this weekend, but even if it's never fixed you won't get a complaint
out of me. Your method gives me exactly what I was trying to achieve.
Thanks again.

AM