Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.0.3 Sent Folder Issues

Andre Klapper <ak-47 <at> gmx.net> writes:

On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 15:50 -0700, Patrick Topping wrote:
I recently upgraded from Evolution 2.x to 3.0.3 and ever since the
upgrade my Sent folder does not wok 99.99% of the time.  It shows
errors like the following for every message in the folder:

        Unable to retrieve message
        Cannot get message 2 from
        folder /home/ptopping/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Sent:
        No such file or directory

I have checked the directory that Evolution is complaining about and
the hidden directory is there and contains the following 3
directories:

        ptopping <at> jackass
        [/home/ptopping]$ cd .local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Sent
        ptopping <at> jackass
        [/home/ptopping/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/.Sent]$ ls
        -l
        total 12
        drwx------ 2 ptopping ptopping 4096 Sep 15 12:08 cur
        drwx------ 2 ptopping ptopping 4096 Sep 15 11:54 new
        drwx------ 2 ptopping ptopping 4096 Sep 15 12:08 tmp

Does .local/share/evolution/mail/local/Sent (without a dot in front of
"Sent") also exist (ls -l)?

Wild guess: .Sent is an empty leftover and you want to use Sent instead,
and have to adjust your default folder settings under Edit â Preferences
â Mail Accounts â Edit â Defaults â Folder.

andre

I've got an identical problem.  In my case there is a *folder* called .Sent
which contains older messages and a *file* called Sent that contains newly sent
ones, probably the ones sent since I upgraded to 3.0.3.  I also have sets of
folders with earlier messages such as "Inbox 2009" that were created in earlier
versions of Evolution.

It appears that Evolution changed from folders to files in 3.0.3 but the upgrade
process was broken and Evolution is now confused as to which files or folders
it's supposed to be using. Any ideas?  I don't want to lose any emails!

Andy