Re: [Evolution] 2.32.1 ~/.config/evolution/mail has references to ~/.evolution/mail and duplicate "On This Computer"

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 09:50 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 16:49 +0930, Wayne Sierke wrote:
I found that in ~/.config/evolution/mail there are still references to
~/.evolution/mail:

mail/state.ini is safe to delete.  It merely stores UI state for various
folders, such as whether the folder is expanded in the sidebar and which
message was last selected in the message list.  The state.ini file will
be recreated as you use Evolution.

The .goutputstream files are temporary files creating while copying or
appending a file.  They're supposed to be removed automatically but I
seem to recall some GIO bug awhile back where they were getting left
behind, perhaps if the operation was interrupted or something.  In any
case they too are safe to delete.

Neither of these are related to automatic contacts.

Mea culpa, I should have explained more clearly. Automatic Contacts is
enabled, however the "Select Address book" selection is blank. The
drop-down list for it includes two "On This Computer" folder entries
both offering a "Personal" folder for selection and they are
indistinguishable from each other. After grepping through
~/.config/evolution I surmised that the two entries probably
corresponded to the two "Store" entries that were found in
mail/state.ini:

%cd ~/.config/evolution && grep -r 'Store.*mbox' .
./mail/state.ini:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.evolution/mail/local]
./mail/state.ini:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.local/share/evolution/mail/local]
./mail/folders/.goutputstream-M54NFV:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.evolution/mail/local]
./mail/folders/.goutputstream-R4VQLV:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.evolution/mail/local]
./mail/.goutputstream-WNN9OV:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.evolution/mail/local]
./mail/.goutputstream-WNN9OV:[Store mbox:/home/ws/.local/share/evolution/mail/local]

I don't use the Address Book extensively but I'm reasonably certain that
Evolution presents the two "On This Computer"/"Personal" folders
wherever the selection of an Address Book is required.

So what should/can I do to eliminate the extraneous "On This Computer"
entry?

Thanks,

Wayne