Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.32.2 not sending or receiving pop3 mail

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 10:25 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 17:13 +1000, Phillip Gardner wrote:
How would I go about configuring evolution to connect it to the internet
directly and bypass the system configuration ?

[Please avoid quoting all of the previous messages and answering above
the quote. Thank you.]

Edit > Preferences > Network Preferences

andre

Sorry andre.

I changed the network preferences, but this had no effect on POP3 email.
I do have a google calendar configured and this requires the network
preferences for a proxy.

Since the calendar does work, I am wondering if the issue of not being
able to send or receive email is a network issue or a password issue.

If I go to the email account properties and deselect "remember
passowrd", evolution does not prompt for the POP3 password but goes
through the motions when the send/receive button is pressed.
Checking the gnome-keyring with seahorse, the POP3 password is still
listed within the keyring.

The last time this issue arose, I deleted the entry for the POP3 account
from the keyring and evolution never repopulated the password and
continually prompted me for it and never sent or received email.

Any ideas ?

Phillip.