[Evolution] Evolution 2.32.2 not sending or receiving pop3 mail

Hi Guys,

I am running Evolution 2.32.2 on a Fedora Core 14 distro which has stopped sending or receiving email after the last yum update (I have a list of the packages updated if anybody wants to see them).

This is the second time this has happened and I eventually got around the issue by reinstalling the distro. What was really annoying is that with all the updates applied to the Fedora Core 14 desktop, evolution worked fine, whereas it had failed to work after the updates on the previous install to get to the same level of files.

After the update was done, evolution quickly flashes the checking mail dialogue but does not send or receive email. A tcpdump on the desktop shows no traffic on ports 25 or 110 during the send/receive operation.

The only errors I can find are from the console when starting evolution from the CLI

(evolution:4164): GLib-CRITICAL **: the GVariant format string `(u)' has a type of `(u)' but the given value has a type of `(s)'

(evolution:4164): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_variant_get: assertion `valid_format_string (format_string, TRUE, value)' failed

(evolution:4164): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_propagate_error: assertion `src != NULL' failed

(evolution:4164): camel-WARNING **: CamelTcpStreamRaw::connect() reported failure without setting its GError

(evolution:4164): camel-WARNING **: CamelPOP3Store::connect() reported failure without setting its GError

Evolution still runs fine apart from the email, so I can still use the calendar, both local and the gmail calendar which sync's with an onine calendar and they are fine.

It seems to me that with the lack of port 25 or 110 traffic that evolution is either broken in the POP3 department (perhaps that's where the camel errors are coming from) or there is an issue with authentication preventing the POP3 from working. However I am not sure how to debug this issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks