Re: [Evolution] Attaching email as reply to another email?

On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 10:20 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:45 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:30 +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
Is it possible, and if so how, to reply to an email (thus maintaining
threading etc) and in that reply attach another email (from the 'sent'
mailbox in the case I am wanting to do, if that makes any difference) as
MIME type message/rfc822?

Hit reply as usual on the message you actually want to reply to.

Then click on 'Show Attachment Bar' at the bottom of the compose window.

Then drag the other message that you want to attach, and drop it in the
space at the bottom that opens up.

And moreover:
- you don't have to open the attachment bar, it works as well when it's
still closed.

That doesn't seem to be true any more in Evolution 3.0 on Fedora 15. It
*used* to be like that (and I think at one point you could drop the
attachments on the formatting bar of the composer too), but now it only
seems to be the *opened* attachment area that accepts D&D.

- you can change the setting in "composer preferences" -> "General" ->
"Reply style" to always attach the original mail instead of quoting.

He wanted to attach a *different* email, not the one to which he was
replying.

--
dwmw2