[Evolution] Backup Problems

I am currently using Evoution 2.28.1 and I am trying to upgrade to
2.32.2 under Ubuntu 11.04.

I have done the backup and the new system seems to have accepted this
backup, all my emails are there in the correct folders, but I can not
send or receive mail. Evolution tries to send and receive then times
out. The computer connects to the internet correctly.

The email settings appear correct, deleting them and re-entering them
does not help. I cannot find a place to enter the port number, is this
automatic depending on the service selected?

I am trying to use POP/SMTP to connect to my email server which is
working correctly (I sent this email) with Evo 2.28.1

Can anybody offer a solution?

Thank you,

David.