Re: [Evolution] Drafts folder shows unread messages

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 19:24 -0700, Arnaud G wrote:
I am running 10.10 32bits (fresh install) with evo 2.30.3.

I have 16 draft emails in my drafts folder. They are all "read".
However on the left side my drafts folder shows Drafts (16) in bold,
means not read. When I right click the folder I do have the option to
"mark all messages as read". Then it offers me 2 options to mark the
folder only and the folder and the subfolders. I tried both but my
drafts folder still indicates messages unread.

I am connected to an IMAP server. I am running 10.04 LTS at work and
on all my other machines. Only 10.10 indicates " unread messages".

        Hi,
do you mean that this is not about On This Computer/Drafts folder, but
about a draft folder in your IMAP account which you have set as a draft
folder in account preferences?

If so, then this was done intentionally. The "unread" count of folders
like Outbox and Drafts is not the count of unread messages, but total
messages. It's supposed to indicate how many messages you have in the
folder.

I do not know since which version, but there were done some changes to
respect user settings and do the same for remote folders too, not only
for the On This Computer/Drafts folder (the local draft folder behaves
this way for years (if not since beginning), but maybe you are not using
it, so you didn't notice).
        Bye,
        Milan