Re: [Evolution] Evo-mail - too many files issue

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 14:29 -0500, Chuck Cannon wrote:
Hello, I've been using Evolution email happily on my Thinkpad for
years but it finally came time to upgrade.
I bought a HP Pavilion dv6 with abundant RAM and installed Ubuntu
10.10 64-bit version quite happily.

Congrats, I have an HP DV7 and it works great.

But those of use heathens who don't use Lord Shuttleworth's disto have
no idea what "Ubuntu 10.10" means as far as Evolution/GNOME means
[except that they've crapped it up and don't ship the correct
version(s)].

Please provide the version of the application.

anyway, I backed up my evo-mail archive from the old machine and
installed it flawlessly onto my new machine.,

Cool.

but I have been getting lots of error messages, primarily this 'too a
any files open' issue -- when I visit the archives, it seems that this
issue was supposed to have been solved long ago -- so I would guess
this is a new issue but gives similar errors.

Can you cut-n-paste the actual error message?

Evo-mail, after failing to open folders etc because of the too many
files error, eventually reaches a point where I can't close it and I
get error messages that say "internal error: unknown error
mail:exit-unsaved' requested'
I can't seem to find anything on this.