[Evolution] Evo-mail - too many files issue

Hello, I've been using Evolution email happily on my Thinkpad for years but it finally came time to upgrade.

I bought a HP Pavilion dv6 with abundant RAM and installed Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit version quite happily.

drat the f*ing trackpad!

anyway, I backed up my evo-mail archive from the old machine and installed it flawlessly onto my new machine., but I have been getting lots of error messages, primarily this 'too a any files open' issue -- when I visit the archives, it seems that this issue was supposed to have been solved long ago -- so I would guess this is a new issue but gives similar errors.

Evo-mail, after failing to open folders etc because of the too many files error, eventually reaches a point where I can't close it and I get error messages that say "internal error: unknown error mail:exit-unsaved' requested'

I can't seem to find anything on this.

Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks,
Chuck