Re: [Evolution] Reply to list

On 17 March 2011 13:49, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 13:43 +0200, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

> I am a member of the ubuntu-users list.  When I receive an email from the
> list the sender's email address appears in the 'sender' and 'reply-to'
> field, so if 'Reply' is clicked, the reply goes to the sender, and if 'Reply
> to all' is clicked, the reply goes to the sender and the list is in the 'Cc'
> field.  If I want to send the reply to the list only, I have to delete the
> sender's address form the 'To' field, copy the 'Cc' (list) address and copy
> it into the 'To' field before clicking 'Send'.

That's all normal, except that I'd expect there to be *no* Reply-To:
header. Having a Reply-To: header that contains the same address as the
From: address is a bit odd. Are you *sure* that's the case?

Yes.

>  Google reveals that the list address should be in the 'Reply-to'
> field of the original message, not the sender's address,

No, absolutely not. That would trick *private* replies (when you just
hit 'Reply') to go back to the public list! You don't want that!

> in which case the 'Reply to list' option should be enabled
> in the 'Message' menu, or CTRL-L would work to reply to the list.

No, Ctrl-L should look at headers like List-Id: or List-Post:, and
should work fine, regardless of whether the list has an abusive

CTRL-L does nothing.  'Reply to list' in the message menu is greyed out (disabled).