Re: [Evolution] Reply to list

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 13:43 +0200, Mark Widdicombe wrote:

I am a member of the ubuntu-users list.  When I receive an email from the
list the sender's email address appears in the 'sender' and 'reply-to'
field, so if 'Reply' is clicked, the reply goes to the sender, and if 'Reply
to all' is clicked, the reply goes to the sender and the list is in the 'Cc'
field.  If I want to send the reply to the list only, I have to delete the
sender's address form the 'To' field, copy the 'Cc' (list) address and copy
it into the 'To' field before clicking 'Send'.

That's all normal, except that I'd expect there to be *no* Reply-To:
header. Having a Reply-To: header that contains the same address as the
From: address is a bit odd. Are you *sure* that's the case?

 Google reveals that the list address should be in the 'Reply-to'
field of the original message, not the sender's address,

No, absolutely not. That would trick *private* replies (when you just
hit 'Reply') to go back to the public list! You don't want that!

in which case the 'Reply to list' option should be enabled
in the 'Message' menu, or CTRL-L would work to reply to the list.

No, Ctrl-L should look at headers like List-Id: or List-Post:, and
should work fine, regardless of whether the list has an abusive

Please read http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html though, and
hopefully it'll make you think again about whether that's really what
you want to do anyway.

--
dwmw2