Re: [Evolution] Feature request - Put Evoluton into system tray

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 11:30 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
On 14 March 2011 13:46, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 14:42 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
[snip]
This is one thing I really like about recent versions of Ubuntu.
By separating "tray icons" and notifications, both become more useful.
The idea of a system tray that is used both for notifications and
"micromizing" applications, is horrible.

Ubuntu??? Straight-up GNOME makes this distinction perfectly clear.

Ubuntu has something called Application Indicators, which are
separated from the notification area. Applications like Transmission,
Rhythmbox and IM are controllable from those appindicators and can be
hidden and removed from the taskbar. I like how that's implemented and
think it might be suitable for Evolution. As far as I'm aware,
upstream GNOME doesn't have anything similar.

Having been trying gnome-shell, I think there are going to be more
applications that try and lodge themselves somewhere on the desktop once
gnome3 is released - despite what the developers say, it is a pain
having to go to the "Activities" menu to do everything.

P.