Re: [Evolution] Feature request - Put Evoluton into system tray

On 14 March 2011 13:18, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 16:00 +0330, Hamzeh Motahari wrote:
I have searched about how to send Evolution to the system tray when I
push exit or minimize button. But It seems this feature is not
implemented. Some popular software like Pidgin or MS Outlook have it
and I think it would not a big feature which needs a lot of efforts.
Of course for now, I use AllTray, but I can't understand why default
Ubuntu (GNOME) mail client doesn't have this trivial feature yet.
Does anyone has any idea?

What you want is known as "minimize".

This is one thing I really like about recent versions of Ubuntu. By
separating "tray icons" and notifications, both become more useful.
The idea of a system tray that is used both for notifications and
"micromizing" applications, is horrible. This has been proven by
Windows, where those icons have become so annoying that they've
actually decided to hide them by default. I'm still on 10.04, though,
so I don't know if there is any appindicator for Evolution in newer
Ubuntus yet, but seeing all the requests for Evolution "tray icon", it
would be surprising if one didn't pop up soon.

Jo-Erlend Schinstad