Re: [Evolution] Feature request - Put Evoluton into system tray

>>On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 16:00 +0330, Hamzeh Motahari wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have searched about how to send Evolution to the system tray when I
>> push exit or minimize button. But It seems this feature is not
>> implemented. Some popular software like Pidgin or MS Outlook have it
>> and I think it would not a big feature which needs a lot of efforts.
>> Of course for now, I use AllTray, but I can't understand why default
>> Ubuntu (GNOME) mail client doesn't have this trivial feature yet.
>>
>> Does anyone has any idea?
>>

>Yes, look at the list archives, this has been done to death a few
>times.

>Basically, the systray is for NOTIFICATIONS, not as a place to put
>things when they aren't being used.  Evo puts notifications in systray
>when it needs to.

>It's not a "can't implement", it's "won't implement" - and rightly so.

>P.

OK. It seems I couldn't explain what I mean. I mean when I push exit button on for example Pidgin, it is not be closed, just goes hidden (to system tray or any where else). But when I do same on Evolution, it goes closed (be killed).
Is there any way to keep it alive and 'being used'? I think a constant space-consuming Evolution's bar in the task bar is annoying, isn't it?

Thanks again