[Evolution] OK_someone explain this: OO Calc cell contents to Evolution image attachment

I'm just trying to copy and past a phone number (well, two of them in
one cell: 222 222 2222; 333 333 3333) from a cell in a OO Cals
spreadsheet to the contents of an Evolution email message. Simple, huh?
I copy stuff to Evolution messages all the time.

SO...

Why does Evo turn this item into an image and make it an attachment?
When I right click the "attachment" and open it with Image Viewer, it
just shows the string of numbers.

Running 2.28.3 with Ubuntu 10.04, which I believe is the up-to-date
version for that distro.

Thanks.