Re: [Evolution] Problems with my evolution calendar on a new computer.

On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 07:43 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 13:22 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
The links say it can be fixed by editing the appropriate entry(ies)
under .gconf,  but they aren't very specific.  Apparently I have to
edit
one or more of the xml files %gconf.xml,  and I don't understand the
syntax well enough to do that.

      Hi,
no, you read it wrong, there is nothing about .gconf and XML files, and
definitely nothing about %gconf.xml. There is (see andre's comment link)
explicitly said (cite follows, s/two/to/):
Had two start gconf-editor, go to /apps/evolution/addressbook/source
and edit it manually to point to the right places.

You've right that there are more places to be edited, as this is not
only about address books, but also about calendar sources. It's namely
about these keys (gconf-editor keys):
   /apps/evolution/addressbook/sources
   /apps/evolution/calendar/sources
   /apps/evolution/tasks/sources
   /apps/evolution/memos/sources

Okay, I now understand that I have to use gconf-editor.  But I don't
understand how to use it.   I'm not sure, for example if
/apps/evolution/calendar/sources
is supposed to appear in the list of keys on the left or not.  If
I choose /apps/evolution/calendar,  there is a long list under it, not
including sources.   But if I highlight /apps/evolution/calendar,  then
on the right there appears a lot of text, including something for
sources.

The other thing you've right with is that the new program may clean this
mess for you, which it doesn't unfortunately. I'll try to make necessary
changes for it.
      Bye,
      Milan